The Department of Public Health Dentistry strives to achieve excellence in providing leadership and expertise in population-based dentistry, oral health surveillance, policy development, community-based disease prevention and health promotion along with patient care, teaching and research.
Goals and Objectives
- To prevent and control oral diseases, minimize their impact on health and psychological development, promote oral health, organize community efforts at individual and community level, and take up leadership role in solving community oral health problems.
- Impart oral health education.
- To assess oral health needs; plan, implement and evaluate oral health programmes.
- Develop necessary manpower and utilize them effectively for dental public health programmes.
- To adopt ethical principles in all community oral health and research activities.
ISR Outreach Activities
Extension No: 1090